Last updated: April 2014
The Information We Collect
Through Family Med-eZine website or our mobile device application, you can browse our healthcare and wellness articles; subscribe to one of our services, such as newsletters; ask our experts general queries related to health and wellness; or participate in one of our online forums or communities. Your personally identifiable information may be required to engage in these activities as well as to receive services that you may have requested. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at these pages and elsewhere include but are not limited to: name, gender, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile number and credit or debit card information.
We may also collect information about your personal or professional interests and use of or opinions about various products, programs and services. For instance, we may ask you to identify your job or industry to qualify you for relevant newsletter updates and offers.
We may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages or use our applications, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, and location-based information.
How We Use the Information
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfil requests for our newsletters, health and wellness queries or other services, to respond to inquiries about any programs or services that may be of interest.
- We may combine information we receive with outside records and share such information with third parties for use on our behalf to enhance our ability to distribute to you digital content or services that may be of interest to you.
- We will never disclose personally identifiable information that we receive from you to third parties whose practices are not covered by this privacy statement (e.g., other marketers, magazine publishers, retailers, participatory databases, and non-profit organizations).
- When you ask a health and wellness query, we will forward the information you give us to the health expert to the extent necessary to answer your query. They may contact you to answer your queries. These queries & answers will also be added to an information library and displayed on the website. We will ensure that no part of any such answer displayed carries any personally identifiable information about you or the query seeker. However, we will not be responsible for any personally identifiable information you may choose to include in the query (“question”) as we do not and cannot screen every query received on our “Ask a Doctor” application.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests, when we make changes to subscriber agreements, to fulfil a request by you for an online newsletter, to send you promotional information about our programs, events or those of our affiliates or partners, or to contact you about your account. By registering yourself on our web site, you agree to receive communication from us via e-mail, phone or any short messaging service that we may use to contact you.
- If you choose to submit content (e.g., a "letter to our editors", an article for publication or an online review), we may publish your name, screen name and other information you have provided to us. You hereby consent to this.
- The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our publications and websites, and to enable us to customize your Internet experience. We also may use this information to analyse site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services.
- We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request.
- Please note that if NATIONWIDE or any of its subsidiaries or lines of business is merged, acquired, divested, financed, sold, disposed of or dissolved, including through merger of, consolidation, sale or divestiture of assets, the relevant subscriber database, including personally identifiable information we may possess about you, may, in whole or in part, be sold, disposed of, transferred, divested, or otherwise disclosed as part of that transaction or proceeding.
If you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing from this NATIONWIDE property, or if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your email address with third parties owned by NATIONWIDE, you can do so by clicking the UNSUBSCRIBE link on the communication you receive. Alternatively, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a request to unsubscribe you from such marketing communication.
NATIONWIDE sites will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
Some of our website pages contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. NATIONWIDE also allows you to connect with other sites and services in order to share content and information. You should consult the other sites' and services' privacy notices, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties or their use of your information.
NATIONWIDE sites sometimes may offer contests, promotions, editorial features, or other activities or offerings that are sponsored or co-sponsored by or presented with identified third parties. By virtue of your participation in such activities or offerings, your IP address and the personally identifiable information that you voluntarily submit may be provided to both the NATIONWIDE site and the third parties. NATIONWIDE has no control over the third parties' use of this information.
NATIONWIDE sites may use reputable third parties to present or serve advertisements, including online behavioral advertisements, that you may see on the web pages and to conduct research about the advertisements. This privacy notice does not cover any use of information that such third parties may have collected from you (e.g., type of browser, operating system, domain name, day and time of visit, page(s) visited) or the methods used by the third-parties to collect that information (e.g., cookies, web beacons and clear gifs).
To enhance your experience on our WEB SITE, we may place "cookies" on your computer or device. Cookies are small text files that we place in your computer or device to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personal information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering with one of our Services. Once you choose to provide us with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your Web browser or device, and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who has used our Services, and relate your use of the Services to other information about you, such as your usage information and personal information.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing some of our content. Your viewing of editorial content may be hampered. If you wish to block cookies, go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ to find out how, or check your browser’s instructions.
Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, such as .Flash cookies, also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, for example, see http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flas....
HTML 5: HTML5, the language some Web sites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Services, such as by giving us information about how our Services are being used by our visitors, how they can be improved, and to customize them for our users.
Cache Cookies: Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited a Service or Services in the past.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Service usage information to other information about you, including your personal information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and Service usage information, and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us) for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
We have put in place appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security and correctly use the information we collect. No system can be completely secure, however, and we do not guarantee that unauthorised disclosures and access will not happen.
Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to accurately record the personal information that you provide to us and any subsequent updates.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct the personal information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant for legitimate purposes, or are being processed in a way which infringes any applicable legal requirements, by contacting us as set out in the "How to Contact Us" section below. At our election, instead of deleting such information, we may retain it with your comment or correction noted in our records. By contacting us, you may also object to our further use of your personal information if you have compelling legitimate grounds (this may involve closing your account). We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information. Your right to review, update, correct, and delete your personal information may be limited, subject to the law or your jurisdiction: (i) if your requests are abusive or unreasonably excessive, (ii) where the rights or safety of another person or persons would be encroached upon, or (iii) if the information or material you request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and us, or providing access to you would prejudice negotiations between us or an investigation of possible unlawful activity. Your right to review, update, correct and delete your information is subject to our records retention policies and applicable law, including any statutory retention requirements.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. Your rights to request that we delete your personal information are set forth in the "Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information" section above.
Special Note for Parents
The site you are visiting is one of the NATIONWIDE general audience sites and is not intended for use by children.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about the NATIONWIDE Privacy Notice or its implementation please contact us via email at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
The Family Med-eZine Team,
Attention – Dr Devashish Tarra
NationWide Primary Healthcare Services Pvt. Ltd.,
No. 723, 1st Floor, CMH Road,
Bangalore – 560038, Karnataka , India